Thursday, September 16, 2010
Happy Birthday, Mario!
I can't believe it has been 25 years since the original Super Mario Brothers game came out. I remember playing it at my friend Sarah's house in elementary school and then going home and begging my parents for a Nintendo. Even though graphics and gaming systems have improved tremendously over the past 25 years, it is great to see that my students know about, have played, and enjoyed Mario also. Even those original games still hold up, which goes to show that a well made game will always have value. Graphics are great and all, but what Mario has a story and characters and as a player you can immerse yourself in his world. I guess it's kind of like classic movies. Even though we have color, HD, 3D, and amazing sound systems, Henry Fonda in one room, in black and white, with no special effects still holds up today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment